Saturday, January 30, 2010

I want to be a kid again !!!!

Human expectations have no limits. They neither have directionality nor do have continuity. They are infinite and generally contradict the actually probable situation. But that doesn’t stop them from coming over. So, how much impractical they seem, expectations will always be there.
But sometimes expectations do actually give us inspirations. Indo-Pak peace, economic stability, end of terrorism, equality, end of communalism & casteism, spread of education etc etc are expectations which even though impractical right now do coerce us to work towards them.
I have also started harbouring this impractical dream of becoming a kid again. Even though time travel has been a favourite of fiction writers dating back to H.G. Wells’ Time Machine, time dimension has not been possible yet. Going back in fourth dimension one can see images {as an amateur astrophysics student, I have already done that}, but physically going back is still a matter of fiction.
But expectations are expectations! Expectations vary from person to person. My 13-year old student wants to grow up speedily so that she can get more independence. For her attaining adulthood is very important! It was so with me and all of my other friends during our adolescences.
But adulthood is not as glorious as it seemed! The grass looked greener on this side f the fence but it actually had other hues hidden behind the green border. I have not much enjoyed the adulthood. The independence is enjoyable but the exuberance & enthusiasm that childhood brought was far more exciting. The life is becoming monotonous & everyday excitations have faded. It’s more of surviving than living! And seeing my peers’ conditions, life doesn’t look to become fairer any day soon. As 3-Idiots says, “Give me another chance, I want to grow up once again!”
For the time being I like to keep the kid within me alive by doing silly things. But these just help a little.
Most of the time, a kid makes me jealous. He is carefree, has no responsibility, has no worries about career, can make friendships without thinking about the outcomes, doesn’t care about this damn world etc etc.
Whenever we do something silly and get happiness in doing that, it’s the kid, somewhere asleep inside us, kicks us t do that. The more and more adulthood we attain, the more we go on losing our innocence! I hope the kid inside me survives the tests and troubles of this vile world and continues to keep me going.
Hey God, speed up things in my life. Make me a kid again !!!!!

P.S: Humans get chances to become a kid thrice in his lifetime. Once when he is himself the kid. Next with his child and lastly with his grandchild. Some lucky people get a fourth or fifth chance as well. I am striving hard for my second chance. I want to be reborn again.

No comments: