Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sundays: Too Many

Ever since I gave my NET examinations on SUNDAY, June 21st, I have not encountered the other days of the week !!! {With the brief interlude of the 8 days (Sunday, July 12th to Sunday, July 19th) when I was in Pune}
I have a whole week full of only Sundays. It even doesn’t matter it’s in which week of which month. Dates and days have become meaningless in the kind of life I’m leading.
It’s not that, I didn’t like it in the beginning. I did and enjoyed myself to the hilt as I was enjoying such a period after almost two years of academics. But as is true with every other blessing, this monotonous life has just become a bane for me.
Idling around the house, doing nothing and just eating, sleeping and watching TV was extreme fun. As a matter of fact, I haven’t worn a trouser in the past one month (I don’t go out anywhere and hence I’ll be found only in my shorts) and this enterprising life has increased my weight by God knows how many kilos !!!
But the holidays can’t be said to be wasted altogether. I have started reading again and have finished Godan and am currently breezing through books on history, science and also going through Gandhiji’s autobiography. Also my knowledge of Bengali and Hindi cinema is increasing day by day. {On a No-Loadshedding weekend five to six movies is regularity. Weekdays are devoted to movies and the Saas-Bahu Dramas (courtesy Mummy)}
But still, DIL KI TAMANNA HAI KI KAHIN PANKH LAGAKE UD JAOUN. Let’s see when I can go out and do something to exercise my body as well as my brains. {With the advent of swine flu, it has become more difficult}
Let all barriers subside and this bird (lil’ overweight) can fly into the open skies to get back his lost six days !!!

No comments: